Thursday, July 9, 2009

IMPLEMENTATION PLAN

From January to May, I taught some of the things I had learned from Raven 2.0 to my sixth grade students and sometimes to a 3rd/4th grade class.
The sixth graders made a trading card on the inventor they were doing a class project on.
I showed students other interesting ideas such as Flickr Color Pickr. Trip Planner was also fun to show to students.
This coming year, I plan to do a space unit with all grades until end of second quarter.
I will again have students make a trading card about a part of space they are interested in.
I will have students working with voice threads to produce something about space. This is still to be thought out and collaborated with teacher. I am very impressed with Voice Threads and want to use this extensively this year.
I want students to blog about their experience. In the book Web 2.0, the authors give a blogging site in which the teacher can control the blog.The website is classblogmeister.com
The other part of my initiation plan is to branch out to other grades through more time in the computer lab. I think my principal saw the educational tools I was using (due to this class)and would like to see more usage of the computer lab besides a thrill and drill tool.
In March I will have Idita-Read again. I would like students to make motivational posters about the original serum run runners or other area of the Iditarod that facinates students.

No comments: