Thursday, May 14, 2009

Week 8 Thing #18

ONLINE WORD PROCESSING
I think this is as wonderful as delicious social bookmarking. I am very grateful our technology is such that we can get at our own files from any computer in the world. Web 2.0 rocks.
In Week 7 Thing #16 I came across a wiki from Princeton Public Library called Book Lover's Wiki. I really like the books and found my summer reading. Tonight, I cut and pasted the five star reviews into the Zoho Writer. I realized later I could have imported them. I tried it and it couldn't be imported because the site is not supported. What does that mean?

I love the idea of everything I do being at my fingertips via the internet. How often have I or others had a file or project piece at our home computer or at another computer than the one we are on? I love the idea of online word processing, spreadsheets etc.
I also like the idea of Microsoft not having the hold it has had on us for so long.... and someone else giving them a run for their money.
This all being said, I cut and pasted my summer reading list onto zoho. Saved it and then couldn't retrieve it. Zoho doesn't have as much to offer as does word or open office. However, I do think, it is well on its way.
I have talked with a lot of people using google docs. They love it. I am anxious to try it.

No comments: