Saturday, May 9, 2009

Week 7 Thing #17

Using wiki's
I like the idea of using wiki's to communicate within a group about ideas, thoughts and hints about a question, problem or a theme. It is easy to read and follow along.
One of my teachers at school had her students make their own wiki. One student bad mouthed another student. So the down part of this is the teacher did not know who the student was until she/he copped to it. So for my principal and the teacher, there has to be a way to monitor what the posts are. Any ideas.
When students are behaving well, I think Wiki's work well. I would take students to wikipedia first to show them how well this can work. Wiki's are a wonderful start to talk about accountability, etiquette on the internet and critical thinking.
I have enjoyed learning more about wiki's and what others have had to offer.

No comments: