Monday, March 23, 2009

Week 3 Thing #7

Several weeks ago Ann mentioned go2web20.net. My sixth grade students and I have been looking at it. My perimeters for them is if it looks too adult it probably is, no chat rooms, any major skin and xnay it, and last if a student has been there before, find a new site to go to. I also give students a thumbs up to share.
So, far, students have been having lots of fun with it. Some have gone home and shared with parents.
Now, I am not monitoring them and can explore. It was a little tough at the university computer lab. Some of the websites I clicked on were not coming up.
One that I did is called MeeHive which sets up a persons personalized newspaper. it was easy to set up. Gave me a list of ideas to chose from plus give it ideas/interests that I have. As usual I can go in and change it as I change about things that I am interested in.
This is a good find.

No comments: