Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Week 4 #8


RSS has for some reason been difficult to wrap my head around. I watched the Common Craft Show about RSS and feel I have a better understanding of it. Web 2.o has really begun to make computers user friendly. The idea that we choose a website with a RSS to it one time and that website serves us until we no longer need it. There is no fuss to it.
I had great fun with this. As the man said in Common Craft Show this is very addicting.
What else I liked about RSS is that a lot of information can be given and I chose when I am going to read it.
I do think this form of service can either broaden a persons thinking or keep it narrow if RSS feeds are the only place she/he received their news and ideas from.
I like that public libraries are using RSS feeds. This is great promotion for the library. A Good idea.
Last night I went into Meehive and made up my own newspaper. I tried to add it to my own RSS reader but have been unsuccessful. I will work on this tomorrow.

No comments: