Friday, March 27, 2009

Week 5 #10

TRADING CARD INVENTOR FROM Generator Blog FD Flickr Toys
Sixth graders are required two visuals for their Inventor Project. I presented this idea to them. I used the trading card toy from big huge labs website to make this. I uploaded a picture from google and then put into my own words her accomplishments. The most difficult thing to do was to align her name and caption under her picture. I am a little too perfectionistic... All the students made one of these using their chosen inventor. Students were reminded to capitalize names, could chose to write in a complete sentence or a phrase. Overall students did a great job. I am proud of them.

2 comments:

rlmlibrary2 said...

I really liked the trading cards also. There are so many applications for them at almost any age level.

Raandi

Ann said...

What a great way to use the badges! I am so glad to see that some of the things you are doing with this class are so immediately useful :-)

I have to say that I do enjoy Big Huge Labs.....they have so many cool tools to use. I think the trading card is my fav but I also like the magazine covers......you can do some really interesting things with that.

Ann